Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Thinking of My Mum


I created this card for my Mum's recent birthday using my favourite new colour combo Pale Plum and Rich Razzleberry, with Cottage Wall papers from the current mini catalogue.  A touch of polka dot ribbon, a torn edge and a popped butterfly from Dreams de Jour I think it became a simple yet classy card.


I also like to paste an insert into the inside of my cards, especially when the card is dark and hard to write on. I have used the stamps from Cottage Garden set and the sentiments are from A Little Birthday Cheer, with daubed Razzleberry ink edges for that finishing touch. Of course the matching envelope has my signature butterfly - just so Mum knows its from her #1 daughter!


Mum's card has been posted over to the UK to my sisters house where Mum and Dad return to today, after their 10 day tour of Austria and Switzerland. I believe they have visited the home Szavorski, the Alps and Saltzburg where our beloved Sound of Music was filmed. Mum especially wanted to visited Salzburg as it was my Nan Christmas's (Mum's mother Kath's) favourite place in Europe. I have fond memories of making my "Sound of Music" scrapbook with Nanna's photos when I was a ten year old!

Thinking of you Mum and Dad as you enjoy the final few days of your big trip. Wishing you well on your journey home and can't wait to see you and all the photos!

Love always
Carolyn xxx


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please say hi i'd love to hear from you