Thursday, April 22, 2010

It's A Girl


Here she is, my beautiful neice Sophie Kathleen, born 13 April at 4.51am London time, weighing 8lb 12oz. My sister Jo had a pretty traumatic 30 hour labour (and 2 blood transfusions and renal complications) but says it was all worth it and both she and Jason are in love with their new little girl.


For me the joy has been overwhelming and I must say it still feels surreal to see Jo become a Mum, after 10 years with her pommy fella Jase. So proud!! Im pretty sure this is the closest I’ll get to having a baby so I have been boasting all week, I even told the bus driver! It feels so special to be called Aunty Caz, I am so excited to have this new role in my life.

Nanna Rhonda and Poppy are “tickled pink” as first time Grandparents and are due to fly out to London next week for an 8 week visit, hopefully the airways will return to normal by then!


Last Saturday I spent the afternoon making a very special card for my very special girl, I just had to share it with you. I made a sweet baby rattle card, using the Sweet Treat cups with pink sparkles and hearts inside. When you shake the rattle all the hearts and glitter sparkle its so cute! My card called for a mix of Pink Piroette, Regal Pose and Pretty in Pink, with a touch of Barely Banana. The spotty DSP is from the Tea Party collection and the finishing touches are the ribbon and button, and of course a matching envelope! I was so chuffed with my creation, the first of many I will make for my adorable little neice.

Ifyou'd like to make a special baby card, or order any Stampin' Up products just drop me a line on cazza74@iinet.net.au I'd be happy to help share the love.

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on becoming an aunty. What a beautiful baby and a gorgeous card too. All the best to the new parents.

    ReplyDelete

Please say hi i'd love to hear from you