Tuesday, February 7, 2012

So much to be thankful for


I have so much in my life to be grateful for, so on the tough days I find it helpful to think of all the beautiful and lovely things in my life. The people, my home, good health, incredible nature, my crafty room and so many scrapbooks filled with such precious memories. Even the fact I have so many people to thank for being a part of my world, or doing above and beyond what is expected of them. A simple "Thank You card" goes a long way and the recipient always knows how much you care as a home made card is made with love.

This card is a clever use of the Top Die Note embossing template which is cut through the Big Shot machine. The shape folded in half makes a cute little note card. I have stamped the vase of flowers image in black StazOn ink, coloured in the petals with markers, cut it out and 'popped' it up with a few Stampin Dimensionals. A greeting and a few pink pearls to finish off - this card took less than the time spent buying one at the shops! 

 
Heres another shot to show the sweet shape, sorry its so blurry - I guess I am a card-maker not a photographer!

This pretty card was designed by the very talented Michelle Dyson and uses some great punches, and the SU stamp set Friends Never Fade. I love the Early Espresso, Marina Mist and Basic Grey colour combo. This card is a different shape to most of my cards as it opens right to left, which makes a nice change - so next time you are stuck for card ideas how about using a new size?


Well I am getting through some of the backlog of my creations from last year but next time I will post something more recent and very cute! Hope you find someone you can make a thank you card for, its so nice to spread kindness and love! 

Caz xx  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please say hi i'd love to hear from you