Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Build-A-Roo with our little Joey

When I was thinking of making a special welcome baby card for Sophie's paternal grandparents in Kent, UK, I just could't resist using this gorgeous kangaroo from Stampin' Up's Build-A-Roo set. Using the classic baby girl colours of pink and white I stamped Mummy Roo twice using Staz On Black ink; once on pink card and again on the spotty paper. Then I carefully cut out the pink Roo and cut just the pocket from the spotty one. I then stamped the little joey and cut her out assembling all pieces with foam Stampin' Dimensionals to make them come alive. A cute little greeting, a bit of sponging and some ribbon to finish off. Not very hard but really effective and soooo cute. I especially like the Aussie connection and the "little baby Joey" play on words (for those who don't know I affectionately call my sister Joey and therefore Sophie is our little Joey). 



Card Ingredients

Stamps: Build-A-Roo
Card: Pink Pirouette, Regal Rose
Paper: Spotty paper from Tea Party pack
Inks: Staz On Black, Regal Rose
Accessories: Whisper White grossgrain ribbon
Tools: Stampin Dimensionals, craft scissors to cut out images and round corners, circle punches to shape the greeting

I'm off to make lots more cards and get back into my scrapbooking, and prepare for the creative workshop with the MD ladies this Friday - I'm having so much fun Stampin' Up!

take care

Carolyn :) xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please say hi i'd love to hear from you