Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Vintage Vogue


From scrapbooking now to card making. My favourite colour match has always been pinks and purple combos. Here is a very feminine card I helped my friend Leanne create for her Mum's birthday recently. The Very Vanilla base is stamped with Pale Plum (retiring in 5 days!) using the lovely 'branch flourish' from the Vintage Vogue set in the Autumn Winter mini.

Then we have used a strip of darker card as a mat for the using the Always in Bloom Stampin Wheel. Wheels are so much fun and can make great borders, quick (and economical) patterned paper or make a feature like on this card.  The flowers were stamped, cut by hand and popped using Stampin Dimensionals.

Its a nice touch to stamp inside your card, decorate and bring the insert to life a little, and don't forget your envelope needs a matching print. Mum's love anything "homemade" - apparently Leanne's Mum and her 4 year old daughter loved it.


Card Recipe:
Stamps: Vintage Vogue, Always in Bloom Wheel
Card: Very Vanilla, Rich Razzleberry
Inks: Pale Plum, Perfect Plum, Elegant Eggplant
Accessories: A few pearls from my stash, fancy scissors 

There is only 5 days left to order from the current catalogue and the Autumn Winter mini, which also means we are counting down to the release of Stampin' Up!s brand new 2011 Idea Book and Catalogue. So many nice new designs, colours and accessories, and some lovely fresh ideas that have already given me more inspiration and the 'itch' to get crafting. If you would like your own copy of the new catalogue just let me know and I will get one to you next week - just $10 if you can pick up from me or $14 delivered to your door (usually $12.95 + $5.95 postage and handling).

I'll be holding my next Sunday Scrappin afternoon on 12th September so please email me if you would like to come along.  


Love Carolyn x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please say hi i'd love to hear from you